How can you help our ocean?
Here are 10 simple things you can do at home, around town, on the water, or anywhere!
10 Ways to Help Our Ocean
1. Conserve Water Use less water so excess runoff and wastewater will not flow into the ocean.
2. Reduce Pollutants Choose nontoxic chemicals and dispose of herbicides, pesticides, and cleaning products properly.
3. Reduce Waste Cut down on what you throw away.
4. Shop Wisely Choose sustainable seafood. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable bag.
5. Reduce Vehicle Pollution Use fuel efficient vehicles, carpool or ride a bike.
6. Use Less Energy Choose energy efficient light bulbs and don't overset your thermostat.
On the Water
7. Fish Responsibly Follow "catch and release" practices and keep more fish alive.
8. Practice Safe Boating Anchor in sandy areas far from coral and sea grasses. Adhere to "no wake" zones.
9. Respect Habitat Healthy habitat and survival go hand in hand. Treat with care.
10. Anytime, Anywhere
Volunteer Volunteer for cleanups at the beach and in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed too!
Search Our Facts