National Ocean Service
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
U.S. Department of Commerce
• What is ecoforecasting?
• What is a watershed?
• What is eutrophication?
• What does the ocean have to do with human health?
• What is a catcher beach?
• How are satellites used to observe the ocean?
• What is a sea lamprey?
• What is an oil seep?
• What are beach advisories and beach closures?
• What are microplastics?
• How does land-based pollution threaten coral reefs?
• Can a coral reef recover from bleaching and other stressful events?
• How does overfishing affect coral reefs?
• How does climate change affect coral reefs?
• How does NOAA help clean up oil and chemical spills?
• What is HAZMAT?
• How do natural disasters contribute to marine debris?
• What is spat?
• What is blue carbon?
• What is nuisance flooding?
• What are PBDEs?
• When Was the First Earth Day?
• What is a fish ladder?
• What's the difference between a threatened and endangered species?
• Why are scientists concerned about Asian tiger shrimp?
• What is sea foam?
• How do we forecast harmful algal blooms?
• What is a turkeyfish?
• What is ghostfishing?
• Why are aquatic plants so important?
• What is lightering?
• What is Natural Resource Damage Assessment?
• What threats do seabirds face?
• What is an invasive species?
• What is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?
• How do sanctuaries protect marine life?
• Why do we study PCBs if they were banned in 1979?
• What threats do coastal communities face?
• Are all algal blooms harmful?
• What are PCBs?
• What is the difference between land cover and land use?
• What is nutrient pollution?
• What is resilience?
• What is an environmental sensitivity index map?
• What is a dead zone?
• What can I do to protect coral reefs?
• What is "smart growth"?
• Is change important to estuaries?
• Are lionfish a threat to Atlantic Ocean fish?
• What is marine debris?
• Can marine debris degrade on its own in the environment?
• What does peanut butter have to do with the ocean?
• What is coastal zone management?
• What do coral reefs have to do with medicine?
• Why do Harmful Algal Blooms occur?
• What is a red tide?
• What is the biggest source of ocean pollution?
• How do coral reefs protect life and property?
What We Do
Every Kid in a Park
Take Our Survey
Report an Error
For NOS Employees
NOS Program Offices
Freedom of Information Act
National Ocean Service
Department of Commerce
You are here: