World Ocean Day Photo Contest 2011
World Ocean Day is June 8. Help us celebrate the beauty, mystery, and importance of the ocean by submitting your best ocean photos to us. Sunsets over the water, colorful and bountiful marine life, ships delivering goods, images of underwater discovery and adventure...we want it all!
You can either post the images on our Facebook wall or send them directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting a photo, include the photographer's name and a short description of when and where the photo was taken and what is shown in the photo.
Photos will be accepted starting May 25 through June 3.
We'll post the best of the bunch on our website on June 8, in honor of World Ocean Day.
A few additional rules:
- We will assume that, in submitting a photo, you are the owner of the photo and have the right to publish it.
- By submitting a photo, you are giving us permission to use the photo for other purposes, such as on our website and in other NOS publications. We will, of course, provide credit to photographers whenever we use any of the photos.
- Photos that are submitted without information on the photographer and a brief caption will not be included.
- Photos should be a minimum of 300 pixels wide (but the bigger, the better!)
- The NOS comment policy applies – so please keep it clean and on topic (the ocean) and know that we will remove any photos that fall outside of our comment policy.
To help you count down to World Ocean Day, put our World Ocean Day widget on your site!