New NOS Mobile Website
Get Ocean Service Info Fast on Your Smartphone
June 1, 2011
Explore the new NOS mobile website with this short video. Choose full-screen mode for the best viewing experience. View Transcript.
A new mobile version of the National Ocean Service's website delivers news, audio, video, Ocean Facts, and more straight to you smartphone.
The NOS mobile site is the fastest and easiest way to get NOS information when you're on the go. Here's what you'll find at m.ocean.noaa.gov:
- Ocean Facts. Quickly browse through the five most-recent NOS 'Ocean Facts.' Use 'Search' to quickly find a fact in our database by keyword. Browse through over 160 facts by category.
- News and Features. Have a couple of minutes? Browse through the latest NOS news, features, and profiles of NOS employees.
- Weekly New Briefs. Have less than a minute? Check out our news briefs, updated weekly with new bite-sized items.
- Podcasts. Listen to Diving Deeper and Making Waves audio podcasts on your phone while you're out for a jog.
- Social Media. View our latest videos on Youtube. Surf through our image collection on Flickr. 'Tweet up' with NOS on Twitter. Follow us on Facebook.
- Tides and Coastal Conditions. Enter your city, state, or zip code to get quick access to tides and coastal conditions at the nearest live NOS tide station to your location.
The new NOS mobile website is available for all smartphones with web browsers. Give it a try and let us know what you think!