Student Inquiry Worksheet
- What is SAV?
- List at least five benefits that SAV provides to humans and other species:
- Why are the presence, abundance, diversity, and health of SAV considered to be primary indicators of the health of the Chesapeake Bay?
- How do estimates of historic SAV coverage in the Chesapeake Bay compare with coverage in the Bay in 1978?
- What change in the Chesapeake Bay environment caused the decline of SAV in the Bay?
- What two factors have the greatest effect on the amount of light that reaches SAV?
- How do these factors act to reduce the amount of light that reaches SAV?
- What human activities affect these two factors?
- List three aquatic animals that use SAV for habitat.
- What strategies are used to help restore SAV to the Chesapeake Bay?
- How can individuals help protect and restore SAV?